Wednesday, May 7, 2008

More Placard Process

Most of my process for the later stages of placard development is seen below! However, I've also posted some earlier process shots up on my flickr account. Here's a link to my process photographs, organized into a set.

During the beginning of the placard assignment I tried some initial formal exploration, just to see how the imagery I was choosing could be manipulated. In most of my treatment, I tried to go for something that spoke to the idea of "handmade", since this is an important element in all of my shoe icons. Moving forward from my initial concepts, I chose three directions to take: climate, traditions, and images that would talk more about the social meaning of the shoe. From here, I tried out some of my formal explorations and applied them to the placards, with icon and text.

Here are the final ones presented today in class, still looking to undergo some refinement before final reviews next week:



No comments: